Have you ever wondered what the point of life is? Why are we here? What is the reason good things happen? Bad things? Is anything really good or bad? Or is it all in our perception?
I have been studying energy, the universe and perception for many years, and there have been a few mentors and books that have become my go-to for assisting my growth and development.
Here are some of the most incredible things that I have learned along the way…
• We are here so that our soul can learn so much! We are continually developing our human-ness and how we react and respond to various triggers. The goal is to become so peaceful and trusting of the Universe that we can stay in a place that doesn’t give us terrible lows and highs – we can just be steady and peaceful each day.
• The Universe is conspiring to support you and propel your forward to reach your dreams! As cliche as it sounds (and as much as I can’t stand these words, I’m going to use them…. lol) ‘Everything happens for a reason.’ We may have no idea why or why not something is or is not happening, but there is a strategic plan happening on our behalf that is supporting us and taking us to where we’re supposed to be.
• People show up on our path just when we need them. We are meant to learn from various people for a reason, a season or a lifetime. We stay in a relationship or friendship or workplace for as long as we are both mutually learning from each other and the experience. Once the maximum learning potential has been reached, we may move on to learn new things.
• Forgiveness is a major path to finding peace. We must learn to forgive ourselves for our mistakes, our regrets and our actions, as they have taught us immense lessons, but it’s time to move on. We must also forgive our loved ones or those we don’t feel love for, for doing, saying or showing non-love to us. When we are able to stay in a mindset of travelling through a journey of experiences meant to aid our enlightenment, it is easier to find gratitude instead of anger inwardly and outwardly.
• Gratitude is the key to manifesting an abundance of love, health, joy, finances and loving relationships. Focus on what you have and be grateful for that, and watch growth happen in all areas of your life.
If I could recommend a few books to you to support your growth, these are a few of my absolute favourites that stand out in my mind.
Marianne Williamson teaches the principles of A Course in Miracles through her renowned book, A Return to Love. This course teaches to choose love instead of fear, even in the darkest of times. It helps you find your centre and lets you see the various links that can help you understand your life and purpose. Find it on Amazon here!
Alberto Villoldo is an anthropologist that has traveled immensely throughout Peru, learning from the shamans and bringing his knowledge to the west through his books and teachings. I have studied under his lineage and this has absolutely changed my life. This is the first book of his that I have read, and highly recommend it! Find it on Amazon here!
Lastly, Louise Hay is well known for her life-long contributions to the mind-body education of our generation. She clearly explains the links between various illnesses and where they may be expressed in the body. She provides affirmations to help us deal with stress, heal our bodies and live in a healthy way. Find it on Amazon here!